I would like to speak about the most favourite toy, I enjoyed playing with in my childhood and that is my set of Lego. Though my parents bought me a model aero plane, train and superheroes, I rarely played with them.
Lego is a set of building blocks and a child of any age can build any shapes or structures with it. I vividly remember staring at a Lego set on display in a mall when we had gone for an outing. My father might have noticed it and to my surprise, he gifted it to me on my sixth birthday and I have been a proud owner ever since.
Building different structures with Lego became my favorite pastime. Basically, you have blocks of different shapes that need to be interlocked together to build something. No sooner, I learnt to build structures, then I saw my dreams taking shape. I discarded all my other toys. I’d build all kinds of things, from towers to trucks. On weekends especially, I would proudly show off my building skills to my cousins who would come over to my place. I am pretty sure that this obsession led me to develop my creativity. In fact, I can proudly say that my engineering skills got wings from my Lego adventures. I consider myself fortunate to have spent my childhood playing with such creative toys and pity the modern-day kids who tend to become couch potatoes by spending their free time playing video games.
- Interlock - To join some parts firmly together, especially by fitting one part into another
- Set - A group of similar things that belong together, or are needed for a particular activity, particularly a game.
- show off- (phrasal verb)- display someone or something that is a source of pride.
- Vividly- in an intensely deep or bright manner.
- Discarded- get rid of (someone or something) as no longer useful or desirable.
- Obsession- an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.