Well, I know several business people who are successful in handling their own business and a few are quite famous in their respective fields. I would like to talk about my friend’s mother who started a business last year. She is gregarious as well as the most hard working and intelligent person I have ever known.
She cooks delicious food items and I love to eat the dishes she prepares. I call her “Master Chef” and not only that, she also decorates the food items in an attractive manner which makes the items look so appealing. She started a restaurant in our neighborhood and with in no time the restaurant attracted a plethora of customers. Recently a news channel covered her business and that made her a local celebrity in our area.
She not only cooks delicious food items, but also researches and comes up with new dishes. As aforementioned her skills in culinary are extraordinary. When I asked why she started a food business, she told me that she got vexed up with her sedentary lifestyle and she decided to start a business on her own and it was successful.
Currently I am working as a Software Professional and I don’t have enough time to think about starting a business. However, in future I might start a business and I hope I will be successful like my friend’s mother.
- Gregarious – Sociable
- Appealing – Attractive or Interesting
- Aforementioned - Denoting a thing or person previously mentioned.
- Culinary - of or relating to the kitchen
- Vexed – Tired
- Commending - Recommended
Part 3 Follow Up - Questions & Answers
1. What kinds of jobs do young people not want to do in your country?
Young people in my country like to do different jobs. But the jobs which are not challenging and with low income are not at all commending options to the youngsters
2. Who is the best at advising young people about choosing a job: teachers or parents?
According to me teachers and parents, both are best advisors. When we are caught between two stools, teachers and parents are the roots to advise. Nowadays even friends advise what to do or what not to do.
3. Is money always the most important thing when choosing a job?
I believe money plays a major role here. At the end of the day, job satisfaction with a decent income and friendly work environment helps us to grow professionally and personally
4. Do you agree that many people nowadays are under pressure to work longer hours and take less holiday?
Yes, because of the pandemic, many employees are working from home and they don't have any strict working hours to be followed. Some people are even working on weekends to complete the deliverables, this should be changed
5. What is the impact on society of people having a poor work-life balance?
Poor work-life balance could lead to several problems such as impacting social relationships, community participation and so on. Sometimes, a person can feel depressed if he or she works for longer hours
6. Could you recommend some effective strategies for governments and employers to ensure people have a good work-life balance?
Well, an individual need to shape out themselves for a good and healthy work-life balance by prioritizing the time, plotting personal time for friends and family members and to manage the finances. I feel government or any other can do nothing in this matter.